Bringing your faculty alive to web visitors and readers is a fantastic way to differentiate your school from all others. These individuals are the heart of your school, and you should be ready to showcase them by having on hand basic information that goes beyond name and year of appointment.
You should have a completed and current profile sheet on every teacher at your school “in your back pocket” to use for enews, magazine stories, website features, media releases and other uses. People interested in your school will see what these amazing educators bring to children every day in and out of the classroom. If they groan when asked to fill out your form, have it come from the school head with a deadline.
- Course(s) taught
- Coaching (level and season)
- Extracurricular (activities)
- Administrative (committees, task forces)
- Current photo (try for more than a mug shot)
Prior Teaching/Business/Professional Experience
- High school
- Higher ed (institutions, degrees)
- Community service
- Awards and recent accomplishments
- Favorites (book, movie, sports team, etc.)
- Quirks and interests